Day # 134: Shack. Yesterday we traveled outside of Kiev into villages near the Chernobyl zone where we visited different children's homes who have been doing a mail in/mail out bible classes with the church we were working with. We gave them bags with presents, oil, rice, buckwheat, bibles and other goodies for Christmas. It was quite possibly the coldest day I have ever experienced in my life, but also one of the most gorgeous days I have ever seen. There was fresh snow on the ground and the flakes were so big that you could distinguish them individually. The sun came out and reflected across the untouched snow like millions of diamonds. Absolutely gorgeous. This was an abandoned house in the village. Very picturesque I thought.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Blue Door
Day # 134: Shack. Yesterday we traveled outside of Kiev into villages near the Chernobyl zone where we visited different children's homes who have been doing a mail in/mail out bible classes with the church we were working with. We gave them bags with presents, oil, rice, buckwheat, bibles and other goodies for Christmas. It was quite possibly the coldest day I have ever experienced in my life, but also one of the most gorgeous days I have ever seen. There was fresh snow on the ground and the flakes were so big that you could distinguish them individually. The sun came out and reflected across the untouched snow like millions of diamonds. Absolutely gorgeous. This was an abandoned house in the village. Very picturesque I thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment