Day # 119: This really is Europe. I was so lucky to get to take a short weekend trip to Poland last month. It still is surreal to me that I can even do that, just hop on a train and next thing you know, you're in Poland. Some ladies from Kiev all got together and went. Thus, it turned into a massive shopping trip. I was really surprised at the drastic differences between Warsaw and other cities in Ukraine, like Kiev. I guess I expected that since they are neighboring countries, that they would have been more similar. But they were dramatically different, even down to peoples street mannerisms. Ukraine is very post-Soviet, with grey buildings and apartments, but Warsaw seemed to be a lot more western, and there were colors everywhere and smiles on peoples faces! It was a beautiful city. I loved it all, 2.5 days, 400 pictures, 7 cups of coffee, and too much money spent on Polish pottery.
Friday, October 30, 2009
You're up.
Day # 119: This really is Europe. I was so lucky to get to take a short weekend trip to Poland last month. It still is surreal to me that I can even do that, just hop on a train and next thing you know, you're in Poland. Some ladies from Kiev all got together and went. Thus, it turned into a massive shopping trip. I was really surprised at the drastic differences between Warsaw and other cities in Ukraine, like Kiev. I guess I expected that since they are neighboring countries, that they would have been more similar. But they were dramatically different, even down to peoples street mannerisms. Ukraine is very post-Soviet, with grey buildings and apartments, but Warsaw seemed to be a lot more western, and there were colors everywhere and smiles on peoples faces! It was a beautiful city. I loved it all, 2.5 days, 400 pictures, 7 cups of coffee, and too much money spent on Polish pottery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment