Saturday, July 25, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Day # 101: My Dream Vacation... On our little island of Aegina, Greece, we stayed in this cute little hotel called Hotel Rachel. It was owned by Rachel, but run by her son and daughter. Rachel also had a little boutique shop down the street with an apartment where her and her husband lived. I wandered into her little shop and got to talking with her and her husband, and later her son who came in. They were so friendly, and her son talked to me like we had known each other for years. "Where are your other 5 friends?" he inquired, which impressed me that he actually paid attention to his customers seeing as how we had not yet met. We began talking, and the direction of our conversation headed towards dream vacations when I said that I was from New Mexico, in the United States. Her husband, whose english was not as polished as his wife and son's, said "This summer, I go on my dream vacation!" Curious as to where someone from paradise dreams about visiting I said, "oh yeah? Where is that?" He continues with, "You are from the US, yes?" I nod. With such passion in his voice and with a simultaneous hand gesture that brushed the sky from left to right he said, "I am going to LAS VEGAS!" Hahaha I loved his passion. I then proceeded to tell them that one of my good friends who is in Ukraine with me is from Las Vegas. Rachel said, "Ohhhh, why would anybody ever want to leave somewhere so fun?!" Hahaha, that just goes to show you that now matter where you live, there is always a paradise somewhere else. Someone's backyard is someone else's dream. Their conversation and hospitality made my dream vacation nothing short of amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For sure Viva Las Vegas at 111 degrees yesterday. I hope she waits til October. Thanks for the story. SAM's mom