Day # 62: Bright Blue Sky. Yesterday I had the opportunity to see different parts of Kiev with Susanna and two Ukrainian girls. We walked for seriously hours, and it's crazy to think we just saw a tiny portion. It was really cool though to see Kiev above ground, and see how close certain parts of town are to each other above the metro. I've always been kind weary of shying away from the metros for fear of; 1. freezing to death before I find the metro or another one again; or 2. freezing to death. But now that we know the city a little better, and the sun has made it's appearance and seems like it's going to stay, it's not so scary. Plus I can just ask where the metro is. Simple. Yesterday started out kind of windy, cold, and cloudy. But I have noticed that the weather here is very similar to New Mexico. A storm will come through, and 30 min later, it's gone and the sun is back out, but 30 min later another storm might come through. Well yesterday turned out to be a perfect day for pictures! What a beautiful blue sky. Friday, May 15, 2009
Here Comes the Sun...
Day # 62: Bright Blue Sky. Yesterday I had the opportunity to see different parts of Kiev with Susanna and two Ukrainian girls. We walked for seriously hours, and it's crazy to think we just saw a tiny portion. It was really cool though to see Kiev above ground, and see how close certain parts of town are to each other above the metro. I've always been kind weary of shying away from the metros for fear of; 1. freezing to death before I find the metro or another one again; or 2. freezing to death. But now that we know the city a little better, and the sun has made it's appearance and seems like it's going to stay, it's not so scary. Plus I can just ask where the metro is. Simple. Yesterday started out kind of windy, cold, and cloudy. But I have noticed that the weather here is very similar to New Mexico. A storm will come through, and 30 min later, it's gone and the sun is back out, but 30 min later another storm might come through. Well yesterday turned out to be a perfect day for pictures! What a beautiful blue sky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment