Day # 58: This is where I live. The main street in Kiev is called Khreshatik, and it truly is a beautiful place to walk. Every time I walk down the street, I always think, this is where I live. Last night was my first time going in the evening, and it was gorgeous. As you can see, the street was decorated with lights, and all of the trees are in full bloom. There are HUGE chestnut trees lining the street that have beautiful white, cone shaped flowers that I have never seen before. On the weekend they close off the street to cars at night so people can just walk as they please. I think last night especially there were tons of people because it was Victory Day, and there were a few fireworks and what not. But it was also a beautiful night that felt like a New Mexico summer night. I loved every minute of it. This is where I live.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Feels like summer.
Day # 58: This is where I live. The main street in Kiev is called Khreshatik, and it truly is a beautiful place to walk. Every time I walk down the street, I always think, this is where I live. Last night was my first time going in the evening, and it was gorgeous. As you can see, the street was decorated with lights, and all of the trees are in full bloom. There are HUGE chestnut trees lining the street that have beautiful white, cone shaped flowers that I have never seen before. On the weekend they close off the street to cars at night so people can just walk as they please. I think last night especially there were tons of people because it was Victory Day, and there were a few fireworks and what not. But it was also a beautiful night that felt like a New Mexico summer night. I loved every minute of it. This is where I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment