Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Political view

Day # 3: Yuliya Tymoshenko, Prime Minister of Ukraine. I'm cheating today and posting a photo I didn't take today. Last Thursday, at our coffee house, one of Ukrainian's who came is an artist/sculptor/architect. He is one of two people that came to our first coffee house where we talked about several different things, including politics. How can a group of people have a decent conversation without talking about politics? Honestly, this is the last thing I want to talk about, but it's really interesting hearing the politics of a country that is so radically different from ours. These people have dealt with hardships and issues we could never even imagine. So needless to say, Vladim, our artist friend, had a lot to say about the history of Ukraine involving politics, all the way up to today. Then last Thursday, a week after our first meeting, he brought this picture for me of Yulia Tymoshenko, the Prime Minister of Ukraine, and a picture of the president for Josh. I think it's funny. There is definitely a striking resemblance. 

No comments: